Days Until I Am No Longer A 1L:

Friday, June 10, 2005

Shooter!!!!

Hey, y'all,

It's Thursday (I guess technically, it's Friday, but you get the idea) and if you have been a reader for any time now, you know what that means. Yeah, that's right, I went out and had a few beers tonight. Apparently, our plans to go to the hill tonight fell through, so it ended up being me and Cruiser at Lindy's - go figure. Needless to say, we had a good time. Now, I am just waiting until I get to a place where I can go to sleep without the world spinning an throwing me off.

In the mean time, I will take a chance to tell you about my job. In a word, it is fucking sweet. It is like the missing link I have been looking for. Let me explain that. Relatively speaking, I enjoyed my first year of law school. I enjoyed my LRW class, which, as all of you law students know, is apparently the closest thing that first years do to doing what lawyers actually do in real life. And while I enjoyed that stuff, it was kinda shitty because I really didn't care much about the subject matter I was researching and writing. Now, however, I am doing that kind of stuff with a topic that I absolutely love. Let me say this - I looooooove aviation and all things related to the industry. Just reading about and talking about the industry again for the first time in about three years has been wonderful. Being able to do law stuff and aviation stuff at the same time is so enjoyable. Oh yeah, for all of those who didn't know, I am working at the FAA Office of the Chief Counsel. Yeah, I have only been there a week, but I am really enjoying it. And to make it all better, I get to see what it is like to go to the office hung over tomorrow.

Anyway, I guess I had better get to sleep or something like that. It was good talking to you - hopefully I will be around more in the future.

Peace,
Jack

p.s. "Well, welcome everybody to Wooly's place - you can pull up a chair or you can pull up my face" - Bonus points to anyone who knows what song is in my head right now and who it is by (except Law and Alcoholism - I will be disappointed if you don't know this).