Days Until I Am No Longer A 1L:

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Is there anything wrong with wearing flip-flops with a suit?

So I got some new shoes last weekend. Dress shoes to wear to work in a color other than black. They are good shoes from a reputable brand that is known for making comfortable dress shoes for men. I tried them on in the store. They fit well and felt comfortable. I figured it would be no problem getting these broken in. I finally wore them to work yesterday, and let me tell you, it was one of the worst shoe experiences I've ever had.

I could feel blisters forming on my heels and on my little toes. To make matters worse, I did a lot of extra walking yesterday because I met a friend of mine for lunch in Chinatown. Now, I have had blisters before, and I figured these would be about the same. I was wrong.

The socks that I wore yesterday look like something from the Curt Schilling collection. There are two huge bloodstains on the heels. There are also two spots about the size of a quarter on each of my heals where there is essentially no skin. Needless to say, it is a little tender. The worst part isn't even that, though, it is my pinky toes. The left one isn't too bad - there is just a barely noticeable little blister there. The right one, however, is a different story. There is a huge, disgusting blood-filled blister covering essentially my entire little toe. It is gross and nasty and disgusting and gross. It is big and angry looking and dark red and kinda squishy. It's not even that it hurts that much - it's just disgusting to look at. I try to cover it up with a band aid, but it is hard to get it to stick to my itty bitty toe. Maybe tonight I will just make it my goal to gross out as many people as possible. Should be fun.