Days Until I Am No Longer A 1L:

Sunday, May 15, 2005

So it begins

Well, I took a week to relax and worry about nothing. It was wonderful. I was absolutely worthless. However, starting tomorrow, I will have worth. While I still have some three weeks before I start work, there is still plenty I can do in the mean time. First and foremost, I am going to kill my roommate. Those of you who know me are probably thinking, "but he doesn't have a roommate." That is true. There is no human who lives in my apartment with me. However, there is a creature living in my apartment. It is made of laundry and it is trying to takeover the world. I fear that if I don't start systematically dismantling it by washing it one load at a time, it will crawl out of the closet and consume me. The beast is pictured below.


The Monster

If you look closely, on the right hand side just past the door, you will see that the monster is trying to save its own life by kidnapping the laundry detergent. It won't be easy, but I think if I work hard enough, I will prevail.

I have to admit, this creature is partly of my own making. See, I have a ton of clothes. In fact, I am a bit of a clothing whore. Actually, it's more like a huge clothing whore. As a result of this, I can go a long time - months, even - without doing laundry. Naturally, I have taken advantage of this and done as little laundry as possible over the past few months (also, I have made a couple of trips to Target to buy new socks and underbritches instead of washing the old ones). While it may seem like a good thing to be able to go months without doing laundry, there is a downside. When I do finally run out of clean clothes, as is the case now, it is quite the challenge to get it all cleaned again. I am looking forward to days if not weeks doing laundry in order to get it all clean.

It will be a great battle, but I will fight tooth and nail and, if I work hard and if Providence shines down upon me, good will prevail.

More pictures:


Note the attempted capture of the laundry detergent.


This is a shot of the once thriving closet that has been decimated by the laundry monster.


Face to face with the evil beast.