Days Until I Am No Longer A 1L:

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Well, good - I called this

So in order to celebrate the last day of classes, I decided to wear my cowboy hat to school today. I’m not sure why this is really something that can be equated to celebrating, but I like wearing my cowboy hat and I was in a cowboy mood today. There was just one problem with this. My plan backfired in Civ Pro. See, the first case in Civ Pro today happened to take place in Texas. Naturally, Prof. CP called on me for this case.

Normally, this wouldn’t have been too much of a problem. I could just BS my way through things like I usually do. I had even actually read this case, so I should at least have some clue as to what was going on. However, like I said before, I am in a celebratory mood today. All of you who know me know what that means. I started with a Bud Light with my ramen lunch at about 11:30 this morning. I had a few more before I came to school and another during Contracts. Then, in the hour and ten minute break between Contracts and Civ Pro, a few of us went to Lindy’s where I had a few more beers. Then I came straight back here and was the first one to be called on in class. Well, good.

Actually, this was not the train wreck that it had the potential to be. In fact, quite the opposite. With a little help from Prof. CP and the High Court Case Summaries, I managed to get through the questions he had for me. I feel comfortable with my performance. And I did all of this with a decent amount of beer in me. This could mean great things for next year.

I had better make sure that I have some damn good malpractice insurance once I finally start practicing.