Days Until I Am No Longer A 1L:

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I was wondering when this would happen

Well, I have finally had the whole blog book chain letter deal forced upon me. Thank you, Legally Intoxicated, for giving me something to do instead of studying for con law. Before I get into this, I just want to remind you all that, while I love to read, I am not really into the classics, so my answers may not be as high-minded as some of the rest out there.

1. You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be saved?

I am going to have to go with The Right Stuff, by Tom Wolfe. This is by far my favorite book, one that I read over and over. While saving it might not be the benefit to society that saving a work by one of history's literary giants, this is my blog and I can be selfish if I want.

2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Well, I would imagine that this question is supposed to be in reference to a character in a book, but plenty of other people have mentioned characters from movies, so I am going to say Ariel from The Little Mermaid (when she is in human form, of course). I guess I have a thing for redheads.

3. The last book you purchased?

Constitutional Law in West's Black Letter Series, written by Jerome S. Barron and C. Thomas Dienes. This book is hot. My con law final is coming up soon and I am fairly close to clueless in that class. I had some major focus issues in that class and therefore my notes are horrible. Thankfully, my teacher in that class is C. Thomas Dienes and the book follows along with his lecture almost word for word.

4. What are you currently reading?

Civil Procedure Cases and Materials; Cound, Friedenthal, Miller and Sexton
Problems in Contract Law; Knapp, Crystal and Prince
Property, An Introduction to the Concept and the Institution; Donahue, Kauper and Martin
Constitutional Law; Principles and Policy, Cases and Materials; Barron, Dienes, McCormack and Reddish

That's it - those four books are the only books I have read since January. I hate law school.

5. Five books you would take to a deserted island?

1. Rafts and Raft Building, An Introduction
2. The Complete Idiot's Guide to Feeding Yourself on a Deserted Island
3. Thatched Roof Shelter Building for Dummies
4. 1001 Ways to Keep Your Sanity While Stranded on a Deserted Island
5. Constitutional Law from West's Black Letter Law Series - seeing as how it is the only thing that is going to keep me from failing out of law school, it is soon going to be my new best friend.

That about does it. I guess I have to pass this on to someone else. How about WonL - this can be the first step towards getting back on my good side after I found out today that you lied to me!