Days Until I Am No Longer A 1L:

Saturday, April 30, 2005

5 days 'til freedom

Finals are halfway over. In five days, the wonderful experience known as 1L will be over. Contracts and Civ Pro are up this week, and I feel relatively good about where I am in terms of being ready for them. Tomorrow and Monday are going to be long days, but if I can just soldier through them, the end will be in sight.

The best thing to happen for me took place last Monday. I finally found out that I got a job. I will be interning at the FAA Office of the Chief Counsel, Litigation Division. I am really excited about this - this is a job that I have been interested in from the begining. It is unpaid, but I was pretty much planning on that, so I should be able to scrape through. Thank God for $6 pitchers of Busch at Lindy's.

Getting the call on Monday was a huge relief. I was really starting to freak out about not having a job, but I was too busy with finals to be able to do anything about it. I felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders when I found out that I would have something to do this summer.

Hopefully I will be able to post a little more frequently once finals are over. I'm also hoping that I'll get my sense of humor back in gear here soon - I haven't been feeling too funny recently. Anyway, 5 days and it will all be over. It has been a great year, but I am really looking forward to the summer.