Days Until I Am No Longer A 1L:

Thursday, March 24, 2005

WTF is wrong with me???

So I took a nap this afternoon and had the weirdest dream I think I have ever had.

I was sitting in my apartment doing homework and I was having a drink. That isn't too odd - I often have a drink while I am studying. The thing was, I wasn't just having a drink, I was totally wasted. There was a little bit of stumbling around in my apartment, then I climbed up on my kitchen table and fell asleep. I wasn't there for too long before I fell off the table and managed to fall over to my bed.

This is where the dream within the dream began.

While I was passed out on my bed, I had a dream that I was in a musical. I don't really know what the musical was. I really hope that it is not a real musical. It was about the plight of a Jewish family in Germany during WWII. The Jewish family was played by the cast of Malcom in the Middle. I played a small role - I was a Nazi soldier. The scene that I "saw" was a big ensemble song and dance number. I was stuck in the back row of the chorus. The song was, get this, "Tradition" from Fiddler on the Roof. For some reason, there was some sort of prop with an open flame on stage. Someone, who may or may not have been me, knocked it over and the curtains caught on fire. Pretty much total bedlam broke out in the theatre because the whole place started going up in flames. I don't know what happened after this because this is when I woke up from the dream within the dream.

When I woke up from that dream - still actually dreaming, mind you - I was laying in bed and I noticed an odd shadow on my wall. The shadow was...wait for it...

an albino squirrel.

There was a white squirrel standing on my wall looking at me. Then the fucker jumped down into my bed and I flipped out. the funniest thing about this part was that I tried to jump out of my bed but my dream persona was still drunk and half asleep and got caught in the covers. I managed to get out of bed just in time to see the squirrel go out on my balcony. I went over to see it sitting there eating an acorn. I was standing at my patio door and I closed the screen only to notice that the little bastard had torn a big hole in the screen right at the level of my face. It was then that he noticed me watching him and he dropped the acorn and launched himself at my face. Thankfully, I managed to close the door right before he got me.

Then I woke up.

I don't know what the hell brought this on. Usually, I don't dream at all. Maybe it was the Alfredo Turkey sandwich I had at Cosi for lunch.