Days Until I Am No Longer A 1L:

Monday, March 14, 2005

Now this is a dillema

One more thing before I descend into 1L hell. Tonight, my prof extended the deadline for our appellate brief by one day - it is now due by Friday at 5 pm. Normally this would be fucking great - I would definitely use an extra day with this thing. Here's the problem...this Thursday is St. Patrick's Day. I am Irish and goddamn fucking proud of it. I had planned on spending St. Paddy's getting incredibly intoxicated on Guinness and/or any beer that is green. Now, I have the dillema of a lifetime - do I take the extra time to do a really good job on my brief or do I stick to my original plan and wake up Friday afternoon just in time to meet the deadline for my brief. Common sense tells me to save the party for the weekend and make the brief my priority. However, a) common sense is something that I am decidedly lacking in and b) I want to honor and respect my heritige by getting shitty on Thursday. What is an Irishman to do? Comments appreciated.