Days Until I Am No Longer A 1L:

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

My $ .02

As you can probably imagine, there has been much debate at the law school recently about the Terri Schiavo case. I have pretty much refrained from offering my opinion. I know how I feel about it and I really don't feel inclined to jump into the fray on something as controversial as this - either people are going to agree with me, which make my comments superfluous, or you are going to disagree with me and nothing that I say is going to change your mind. Either way, I am just going to steer clear so as to prevent myself from getting frustrated.

As a law student, however, one aspect that is interesting is the legal procedure that has been taking place over the course of this case (and would be nice if Prof. Civ Pro were reading this). While I don't claim to be an expert on civil procedure by any stretch of the imagination, I thought I would share this article, which gives an interesting analysis of the case presented by Ms. Schiavo's parents subsequent to the passing of "Terri's Law" by Congress last weekend.

Anyway, I thought all you budding lawyers might find this prospective interesting, and all of you who have nothing to do with the legal profession might be interested in reading a little bit about the "behind the scenes' aspect of this case.

Thanks to Georgia B for the article.