Days Until I Am No Longer A 1L:

Friday, March 25, 2005

Friday Spies

1. What blog, other than your own, do you read the most?

With all due respect to everyone that I read, I really don't have one clear favorite. I read Soupie's and Mr. Poon pretty much every day because they update so often and they provide a good study break. Other than that, my blog reading is pretty cyclical. I will have a few that I read all the time for a while then I will switch to others. Also, I am still finding new blogs everyday. One of my current favorites is Moral Turpitude - I like her sarcasm and she looks hot in her profile picture. Plus, I read Reckless Murder and WonL pretty often becasue I know both of them personally.

Anybody that I didn't mention...well, you better kick things up an notch.

2. Are you a gadget person? Do you have the latest thingamajigs and whoozits and geegaws? What sort of gadgets do you own?

I would have to consider myself a quasi-gadget person. I really like gadgets, however I don't have the cash flow to have the state of the art right now. My cell phone doesn't even have cool ring tones, much less a camera. I have an iPod, but one of the old ones, not the mini that everyone seems to have these days. My digital camera is totally ghetto (although that is due more to the fact that I got knocked on my ass with it in my back pocket - thanks, SS). There are a lot of gadgets that I would love to have, but right now they take a backseat to things like tuition and rent.


3. If I gave you $1000 on the condition that you couldn't spend it on something responsible (e.g., bills), or save it, what would you do with the money? (Can you tell that a Democrat is asking that question?)

I would probably use some of the money to buy my mom a plane ticket to come out here and visit me this summer. I probably won't have a chance to get home until Thanksgiving at the earliest and I would love to see her before then. I know she wants to come here, but her travel budget for this summer is going to a trip to CA to visit my brother and sister-in-law when they have their baby in June. I would love for her to be able to do both without worry. With the money I have left over, I would probably buy a new camera (See Answer 2, supra). Everybody who has gone to a big party with me knows that I am a picture-taking fool. This foolishness has been hampered by the ghettoness of my camera. I have seen some out there that are smaller and better than the one I have now. I would love one of those, so I could take it everywhere - I love documenting the good times I have with friends.

Or, I would go to Brooks Brothers and blow it all on clothes.

4. What are your five favorite sitcoms of all time, other than "Seinfeld" and "The Simpsons"?

In no particular order, Scrubs, Family Guy, Arrested Development...um...it kinda pains me to admit this on but Friends...and um...hmm...that new show The Office that was on last night was pretty funny (no, I haven't seen the British version, but I know people who have it on DVD who are going to introduce me to it).

5. Organize a film festival based on a theme. Choose a theme and a handful of movies with that theme, and tell us what you've chosen.

Well, I'm not really the type that gets into the deep, meaningful movies. My film festival would probably be a bunch of mindless comidies that everyone has seen and thus wouldn't be very exciting. Therefore, with all due respect to the BTQ boys, I am going to replace this question with one they asked a little while ago, which I thought would provide a little more enjoyment.

5a. Tell me what's in your desk drawers right now.

I am a bit of a pack rat, so I tend to have a lot of junk that gets put in random drawers. Also, when I clean, I follow the "out of sight, out of mind" philosophy. Anyway, here you go (and this is all one drawer, mind you)
  • Stapler
  • Scotch tape
  • Green highlighter
  • Blue highlighter
  • Stamps
  • Staple remover
  • Calculator
  • Yellow highlighter
  • Checkbook
  • Orange highlighter
  • Second blue highlighter
  • Scissors
  • Big tape flags
  • Little tape flags
  • Post-it notes
  • A box of binder clips
  • Mini stapler (free from Westlaw)
  • Box the mini stapler came in
  • Bright blue staples that came with the mini stapler I paid for the day before I got my free Westlaw mini stapler
  • Letter opener
  • (here's where it gets fun)
  • The handset to my cordless phone
  • Gretchen Wilson CD
  • A CD with contracts notes from two years ago
  • A "good luck in law school" card from Gym Girl
  • Krazy Glue
  • O.A.R. CD
  • Handheld electronic Who Wants To Be A Millionare game
  • Pocketknife
  • Clip-on I.D. holder
  • The extra buttons for my top coat
  • Three rubber bands
  • One lonely paper clip
  • The liner notes from Tim McGraw's Live Like You Were Dying CD
  • Two extra covers for my USB memory stick
  • A tie
  • Moustache and sideburns trimmer
  • A CD with a bunch of pics of my fraternity brothers
  • 74 cents
Ok, so I'm not the most "organized" guy around and that drawer can't really "close" - but I am going to clean my apartment tonight, I promise.