Days Until I Am No Longer A 1L:

Sunday, March 06, 2005

7:07 and still going strong

It is 7:07 in the morning on day three of the journal competition. I haven't slept since 11:00 AM yesterday, yet I don't feel the least bit tired. I have hit that stage where I am in the zone and I am not going to stop until it is finished. Over the night, I finished reading all the source material and formulaed my argument in my mind. Now it is just a matter of writing it, which, for me at least, is the easiest part.

It wasn't easy by any means. I had my moments last night. For example, at some god awful hour in the morning, I spent about ten minutes being perplexed by the fact that the pattern of the veins on the backs of my hands was not the same on each hand. I would have thought they would have been symmetrical, but they most definitely are not. I guess that is why I am here and not in med school. A little while later, about the time the sun was coming up, I got very confused about my gergraphic location in relation to the directions on a compass. It wasn't until I went online and looked at a map of DC and the eastern seaboard that I realized that the sun was in fact not rising in the north. If I had just taken a second to consider where I was sitting in relation to the mall and the buildings thereupon located, I would have realized that they don't call them the east capitol steps for nothing and all was well. I'll have to remember that for next time.

I think my stomach is about to crawl out of my body and beat the shit out of me for all the coffee I have consumed in the past 12 or so hours. But I can't let a little something like a mutiny by my internal organs slow me down. It's writing time, baby.

See y'all in a little while.