Days Until I Am No Longer A 1L:

Monday, February 14, 2005

This Day Sucks!!!

This day totally sucks and it has nothing to do with the fact that it is Valentine's Day. It is just one of those days where nothing seems to go your way. I wanted to wake up early this morning because I have a lot to do. I have been trying to get into the habit of getting up early and being productive and it has been going ok, but I thought today I would try something to help it along. Here is my bright idea - I thought I would put my alarm clock somewhere that I can't reach from bed, with the idea being that once I got up to shut it off, I would just stay up. That was quite possibly one of the stupidest ideas I have ever had. First of all, seeing as how the alarm clock was going to be farther away than usual, I put it on the loud setting just to make sure I heard it. That was a mistake. I thought there was a fire or something when that fucker went off at 6 this morning. So I got up and turned it on the low setting and hit snooze, telling myself that I was too startled by that to get out of bed yet. Nine minutes later, the thing went off again. This time it wasn't so piercing. I got up, turned it off and got right back in bed. I should have known from past experinece that this wasn't going to work. Three and a half hours later, I finally got out of bed. So the day didn't get off to the start that I hoped it would. Here are just a few of the other things that put me in a good mood this morning...
  • I didn't go to the gym, so I feel lazy
  • I didn't do laundry over the weekend, so I am stuck wearing my fat jeans left over from when I weighed 275 pounds- if you see me walking around today with my pants around my ankles, this is (probably) why
  • I open my curtains to check on the weather only to find that it is raining
  • I get to school and the first thing I do is make my lunch. I brought one of those microwaveable Chunky Soup bowls. Apparently, we have some powerful microwaves at this school because just over halfway through the proscribed 2 minute cooking time, that son of a bitch blew up. And I don't mean a little bit of it splattered out of the bowl, I mean it blew the fuck up. The top blew off and the bowl fell over and pretty much the entire contents except for a potato and two carrots ended up inside the microwave. So, I had the joy of cleaning that up.
  • Since my soup was a lost cause, I decided to go out for lunch. This just thrilled me because I spent over $120 on groceries yesterday so that I would stop spending money going out to lunch.
  • For lunch, I got a cheesestake sandwich and fries from Penn Grill. First of all, nice healthy choice, dickhead. Second of all, the sandwich tasted like ass and the fries were so greasy that I wanted to barf.
That is pretty much my day in a nutshell. And all of that before noon. Just to add to it, I wasted the last 20 minutes writing this fucking blog entry instead of reading for the class that I have later. Is it too early to start drinking. It's five o'clock somewhere. Fuck it all.

Kiss my ass,
Jack