Days Until I Am No Longer A 1L:

Monday, February 14, 2005

This Day Sucks!!! Part II

If you read my post from earlier today, then you already know that today has been one of those days from hell for me where nothing at all seems to go right. Here are just a few more highlights from this glorious day...
  • After writing This Day Sucks!!! Part I, I went and sat in the lounge and got absolutely no reading done for contracts. I don't know how much of this was "the day's" fault, but with the mood I was in at this point, reading was pretty much out of the question.
  • For the next hour and a half, I sat in the lounge and had a fight with my computer and the internet. I swear, I am about to follow the advice of Grandpa Jack and throw this goddamn thing down the stairs.
  • Despite the fact that I slept in this morning, I was struggling to stay awake, so I went to Starbucks and got a triple espresso - which did absolutely nothing for me.
  • I went to contracts. Read the preceding post. Enough said.
  • After contracts, I was so not in the mood to read that I went to Wash Law to buy the High Court book for Civ Pro. Naturally, despite the fact that we use one of the two most common civ Pro textbooks out there, the only copy they had was a used, beat to shit one. And I don't mean a little worn and with a little bit of highlighting. No, this thing was rode hard and put away wet. None of the pages that I needed for today's class were actually attached to the book. Worse, the guy who had it before has handwriting so bad that even I can't read his notes.
  • In Civ Pro I took so many notes that I literally didn't even have time to look up from my computer for 50 minutes straight.
  • All of the guys went to Baja for dinner. Kinda an anti-girls-anti-Valentines-night deal. While I enjoy spending time with my boys, this goes along with my lunch and the whole not spending money on eating out thing. However, at this point, I didn't really give a shit anymore.
  • Speaking of giving a shit...it was Baja and you know what that means. This is a perfect sign of how my day went. Thanks to the wonders of buying bulk, I currently have 16 rolls of toilet paper in my apartment. However, not one of them was within reach when I needed it the most.
After a day like this, what is one to do? Well, I don't know what most people do, but I know what I'm gonna do. Open a bottle of wine and sit here and drink as much of it as I can before I go to bed. I give up on this day. Day, you win. But you just watch yourself tomorrow.

Bottoms up.