Days Until I Am No Longer A 1L:

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

My Reputation Seems To Proceed Me

I have had a few conversations recently that have given me a good idea of the reputation I have built among my friends. There seems to be a common theme here. See if you can pick it out from these stories...
  • I was talking to my friend JF yesterday and she asked me why I wasn't at Bar Review last Thursday. I responded, "because I was at home puking my guts out." To this, JF responded, "Ahh - Front Page?" The fact that I might actually be sick never crossed her mind. She just automatically assumed that I went out to the Front Page and got throwing up drunk.
  • Talking to EV this morning, she absolutely did not believe that last night was the first time that I drank an entire bottle of wine by myself in one sitting.
  • Finally, (and this one really made me laugh) I told CD this morning that I went running this weekend to which he responded, "what happened, did you run out of beer?"
I guess I do what I can to advance this reputation, but hey, I am just keeping in touch with my heritage and family background.

In other news, yesterday marked the end of an era. Yesterday, I ended my High Court boycott and let me tell you, I feel like a whole new man. The first con law case that this affected was McCulloch v. Maryland. Now, while I have been told that there is nothing like this case to get your engine going, let me just say this - in the textbook, the case covers 9 pages and is written in the language of 1819; in the High Court, the case covers a page and a half and was written in 2004. So I guess I am half way there - I have done reading to prepare my self somewhat for class, now I just need to make myself pay attention in class (note the timestamp on this post).

Here is something completely unrelated that I am sure most of you don't care about at all. The only reason that I am writing this is for the sake of prosperity. This is a stroy that I have been trying to find out for a while and I just got the answer I was looking for in an email last week. The only thing that I worry about is that I am going to lose the email, so I will put the story here.

"In the Middle Ages, the Knights of the Golden Fleece were among the best dressed and most colorful in all chivalric Europe, and wore a lamb suspended from a ribbon to symbolize their membership in this esteemed Order. Since 1850, The Golden Fleece has been Brooks Brothers' "logo." Over the years, Golden Fleece has also come to symbolize the quality and integrity found in the very best Brooks Brothers has to offer."

So, I guess the moral of this post is I'm a drunk, but I am a well dressed drunk.