Days Until I Am No Longer A 1L:

Friday, February 04, 2005

It Is Finished

My motion memo is finished. It is 12 pages. It is 2,501 words. It is probably pretty shitty. But...it is finished. That sonofabitchinbastard has been the bane of my existence for the past week and a half. It played a large role in the last post I wrote. I finally finished it around 1 this morning and it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. The best thing is that the SBA planned a big party tonight so that I could celebrate.

So it's Friday afternoon and in a few hours we will all be at the Barrister's Ball (a.k.a. law school prom). I am actually taking a stroll down memory lane right now. When I was an undergrad, my fraternity always had its big parties and formals on Fridays. These Fridays always seemed extra special, and I feel like I am back on one of those Fridays right now. First of all, it always seemed like our parties fell at the end of a very stressful week, so by the time Friday afternooor rolled around, everyone was ready to tie one on. Additionally, there was always much anticipation leading up to these parties, just as there has been all this week for Barrister's.

In order to make it feel more like those extra special Fridays back in the day, I decided to be proactive and bring back some of what were my own personal traditions for the afternoons before big dances. First of all, I started drinking as soon as I got home from class. Second of all, I have my music blaring to get me in the mood. I am alternating between myDave Matthews DVD, which is my apartment cleaning music, and random mp3s on my computer. The best thing is that I have a little bit of a buzz going on and I am the only one here, so when I stumble across a really good song, I bust a move like that kid on the video that has been going around
I just wish that i had a video camera, because I am coming up with some hot new dance moves. In a little while, I plan on bringing back that greatest of all pre-party traditions, drinking in the shower. For those of you who have never done this, I highly recommend it. It is wonderful because you get to keep your pre-party buzz going while you are getting ready. After that, pre-party at my place. At first I didnt want to have it here, but now that i think about it, it's great because i dont have to worry about leaving and dragging a case of beer somewhere.

I guess i had better get back to cleaning my apartment, since people are going to be here in a little bit. Hopefully, i will have some good stories and pictures to share with y'all tomorrow.

Until then...

Peace,
Jack

p.s. the only bad thing is that it is 4:30 and I already had to break the seal - that could be problematic.