Days Until I Am No Longer A 1L:

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

What A Sweet Vacation!

Holy crap, I haven't written anything in a while. Before you ask, the pictures from the post-finals party are on their way. In the mean time, let me tell you about my sweet Christmas vacation. And by sweet, I mean totally crappy. And by totally crappy, i mean not really completely bad, but not all that great either. It was good to spend time with my Mom. It was great going out for Asian food. There were a couple of nights that involved consuming mass quantities of alcohol. Other than that, it was pretty uneventful. The fact that I was sick for half of it really didn't help.

I pretty much didn't do anything before Christmas day except blow my nose and cough up a lung. Christmas morning was great - as usual, my mom went overboard with the presents. We had Christmas night at my uncle's house, and that went pretty much as expected. My aunt and uncle aren't what you would call culinary experts. Last year for Christmas dinner we had taquitos and Bagel Bites (no, I'm not kidding). This year, we fancied it up a little with bite size sandwiches and chili cheese dip. There wasn't even any wine to make things better. Nor were there enough chairs for every one to sit at the same table (or even to sit for that matter). I can't wait for next year.

The big event of my break happened on the 30th. One of my best friends from college had his bachelor party. I'll probably write about it in a later post when I put the pictures up. For now, suffice to say that "puke and rally" was the theme of the evening.

I spent New Year's Eve this year just like i spend New Year's Eve pretty much every year - sitting on my couch watching TV. And not the Dick Clark special either, TV totally unrelated to NYE. This year it was some of the 44 episodes of West Wing that I wathced over break. I have a thing with New Years that I am not going to even start to rant about here.

I got 2005 off to a pretty good start. My friend DW called me on the 1st to meet for coffee. Unfortunately, the place we usually go for coffee was closed. We decided to go to a bar instead and have a couple of beers. The next thing we know, it was a few hours later and our bill came - 24 beers between the two of us (plus a couple of free ones that we ended up with). Needless to say, it was a good time.

By this point, I was ready to go back to DC. No problem - all I had to worry about was the 13 hour drive. And the fact that it rained the entire way. Sweet.

So, all in all, my break was less than spectacular. However, lest you all start calling me a whiny bi*ch, let me just say this - it wasn't bad at all. I got to spend time with my family and friends. I had a roof over my head the whole time. And I managed to take just a few moments to remenber the real Reason for the Season. That's all that matters.