Days Until I Am No Longer A 1L:

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Midterm Day

It's 2:00 in the morning and I'm drunk - time for a blog post. So today was a big day for all GW 1Ls - that's right, midterm day. I really don't want to dwell on the exam, but I have to give a shout out to our professor (or the records office, whoever's fault it was) for forgetting the most important page of the exam. That sure made the test a lot more entertaining than it should have been. Two things happened today that I am not really proud of. First of all, we went to Lindy's after the exam. That is not the problem - I am definitely proud of 11:00 am drinking (even though I didn't get there until noon). The first thing that happened today that I am not proud of is that I drank Miller High Life. This is not normally something I would do. In fact, I started out with Budweiser, but my glass ran dry and there was a pitcher of High Life being offered to me and unfortunately I gave in. Like I said, I am not proud of this. I feel like I let down Dale Earnhardt Jr. and the entire city of St. Louis by not sticking with the Budweiser, but there was beer there just waiting to be drunk and I could not resist the temptation. I did the best thing I could to atone for this - I came home and rooted for my Cardinals. I tried to remain calm, despite the fact that this was a must win game for the Birds on Bat. However, come the top of the ninth, I started to lose my cool. As soon as the Astros tied the game, I went to the fridge for an ice cold Bud Light. I spent the next three and a half innings giving play-by-play over IM to my friend Sam, who was too upset to even watch the game. My night went a whole lot better once Jimmy Edmonds decided to show up for this series and hit the game winning homer. All I have to say is bring it Roger - you ain't got nothin'. The second thing that i am not proud of happened shortly after this. I went over to CM's to watch the New York/Boston game (and I have to say I was very impressed with the 24oz cans of beer - I really felt like a bitch with my weak 12oz can). As much as it pains me to admit this, and despite my previous post, I found myself rooting for the Red Sox. I guess I just got caught up in the moment, but I couldn't help myself. I guess I just wanted to see the end to quite possibly the biggest collapse in baseball history. Regardless, it doesn't matter, since the Red Sox are going to lose to the Cardinals anyway. After this it was time to go to super sweet McFadden's. I just have to tell you all how much i love that place - no wait, i don't. It wasn't too bad tonight, since there were a lot of cool people there and you could actually move (plus we had the added benefit of CG being the first one we saw there). I guess that was a good time, especially once I switched over to the straight whiskey. JM was just slightly drunk - he deserves a shout out. I think the highlight of the evening was the walk home, when I had a damn fine woman on each arm. I really don't know how I feel about this post - I re-read it and I didn't find it very funny or entertaining. Maybe I should be a little more sober when I write these. Or a whole lot more drunk.