Days Until I Am No Longer A 1L:

Sunday, October 17, 2004

"I'm quasi-worried about where my cell phone is."

"I'm quasi-worried about where my cell phone is." That had to be the quote of the evening, provided by TM on the cab ride back to the FB. (Yes, I just turned Foggy Bottom into "the FB", but I like it and I'm going to go with it). That was, in fact, the only coherent thing that T said for a good portion of the evening. I had my first experience of going out on the town with the Back Row Boys tonight, and I have to say, they didn't upset. After meeting up with my best friend Tweeder (to be covered in a forthcoming post), I met up with the Boys at CD's place. Apparently, they had been enjoying the adult beverages for a while before I showed up. Once the Yankees took a lead of a billion to seven (and after I had subjected them to 13 laps of NASCAR), we decided it was bar time. First stop was Madhatter. That lasted until we saw the 20 person deep line at the front door. Next we went to the standard Madhatter overflow bar, Sign of the Whale. That place blew too. After fighting our way through a crowd of drunken grinding, we quickly vetoed this hell hole. Next stop, Lucky Bar. This was slightly better. At least we could get to the bar to order a drink. However, after a few minutes in the middle of an enormous crowd. we decided we were less interested in picking up women and more interested in getting as trashed as we could. Where did we go? Well, The Front Page, of course. It's always a good sign when the bouncer recognizes you when you walk in the door. This is where we all pretty much went from normal human beings to drunken idiots (except for CO and PE, who managed to keep it pretty calm - props to them). It got off to a good start when T ordered Wild Turkey shots for him and CD. Inspired by this, I started drinking Wild Turkey and Coke - heavily. In the mean time, SR and BM decided it was time for Jamieson shots. Let me tell you, these were some healthy shots. I'm not talking about the standard weekend bar shots in a little plastic cup - no, they got a rocks glass nearly full of the good stuff. Menawhile, CD was drinking beer like it was his job, and T was giving his best "BackThat Ass Up" move to White Dress Girl. As you can imagine, the night just went downhill from there. EVB had the misfortune of showing up at this point. E, I would just like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inappropriate behavior. (How drunk am I - I just had to use Microsoft Word to spellcheck "inappropriate") SR and BM decided it would be a good idea to have another enormous shot, and I felt that more Turkey was in order. Meanwhile, T could barely keep his eyes open. It was at about this point that CD switched into "Mother" mode and started to worry about getting everybody home. It's pretty ironic that the guy that was the most interested in getting FUBAR turns out to be the responsible one at night's end. All in all, it was a pretty damn good time. Being a 1L isn't so bad after all (at least, I'm having more fun than last time).